‘Duart’ and the sugar beet museum. Today, Maffra is a major service centre for the thriving dairying, agriculture, pastoral, horticulture and irrigation district.
Maffra also has a strong industry profile with Murray Goulburn Milk Factory, Southern Rural Water, Maffra Herd Improvement Co-operative and the Maffra Veterinary Centre, just a few who call Maffra home.
Download the Town E-Brochure
This attractive town has a great sense of history highlighted by many original shops and grand homesteads such as Access to 4WD and bushwalking is only half an hour away at the foothills of the Licola Valley heading toward Lake Tali-Karng or adventuring through the Dargo High Country.
Every year, the Maffra Lawn Tennis Club also hosts their very successful Easter Tournament.
What Maffra has to offer;
- Sugar Beet Museum
- Macalister Swamp Reserve
- Gippsland Vehicle Collection
- Historic Main Street with period verandahs
- Huge milk factory
- Grab a coffee at the coffee brewers in town before you make your way to any one of the local wineries including Glenmaggie, Blue Gables and Briagolong.
- Bike and Walking trails
- Hire a bike or use your own to cycle some of the best flat riding on the Gippsland Plains and along the Rail Trail to Stratford to the east or Tinamba, Heyfield and Traralgon to the west.
- Take one of two magnificent river walks;
- A 45 minute wetlands walk including a 650m boardwalk with bird hides
- A 25 minute walk following the bends of the Macalister River.
For more on Maffra visit: http://www.maffra.net.au/