Heyfield is situated alongside the Thomson River at the gateway to the High Country which features vast expanses of natural bush and National Parks, Lake Glenmaggie and Heyfield Wetlands.
The town is home to the largest hardwood sawmill in the southern hemisphere.
Visit the Heyfield Wetland Resource Centre to start and arm yourself with information before you take the Heyfield Wetlands walk encompassing the boardwalk. The walks provide an opportunity to view the graceful water birds and the unique water plants which rely on the rich moist beds of minerals available in the wetlands mud.
Heyfield also has a robotic dairy farm, that is a fully automated dairy farm where the cows simply walk into the milking area and are milked on demand.
What Heyfield has to offer;
- The Heyfield Wetland Resource Centre and wetlands.
- The local market held on the first Sunday each month.
- Lake Glenmaggie
- Heyfield flora reserve (2km north of the town)
- Robotic Dairy – Winnindoo, tours available,bookings are required
- Visit during May when Heyfield hosts the biggest machinery rally with vintage machinery
- Southern Hemispheres largest timber mill – enormous stacks of timber
For more information logon to: www.visitheyfield.com.au
Or find them on facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/visitheyfieldregion