Briagolong is a small town nestled at the foothills of the Great Divide and a great place to keep the entire family entertained. Walk or cycle around the historic township. The local art gallery exhibits works incorporating a mix of paintings, sculptures and paper creations which are changed every three months. The gallery also provides a creative workshop for local artists to utilise.
Download the Town E-Brochurex
Grab a packed lunch and jump in the car for a short drive to Freestone Creek and the foothills of the Great Dividing Range which provides excellent hiking, swimming, horse riding, camping, 4WD, mountain bike riding experiences and even gold fossicking. Freestone Creek located at Quarry Reserve and the picturesque Blue Pool both located within 10km of town are great locations for a family picnic and a swim, don’t forget to take in the district’s natural beauty.
For a great artists experience why not check out one of the Artists Stays through Destination Gippsland check out the packages available here
Check out more on the Briagolong Arts scene in this clip
What’s on offer at Briagolong:
- Pack a picnic lunch and your swimmers, taking the Freestone Creek Road to the Quarry Reserve (only 4.5km north of town) and the picturesque Blue Pool (only 10km from the town)
- Get in touch with nature and ride through the scenic foothill on horseback.
- Fossick for gold.
- Get adventurous from the comfort of your vehicle on the local 4WD tracks.
- Visit the Briagolong Art Gallery.
- Take a guided walk of the historic sites in the town.
- Spend some time in the second hand bookshop, it is worth the trip to Briagolong just for the bookshop.
- Experience and enjoy one of the bush walking tracks in and around Briagolong
- Riverstone café and Auraz gift shop.
Find Explore Briagolong on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/ExploreBriagolong
On the map
Fill in your address into the address field below the map and the shortest route will be calculated.