Bring your walking shoes and enjoy some of the spectacular walks among the tall trees. Mountain Ash dominate the landscape throughout Balook and Tarra Valley. Walk among the lush fern gullies within the Tarra Bulga National Park, and experience native wildlife in their natural habitat.
Download the Town E-Brochure
Balook is just a short drive from the Tarra Bulga Visitor Centre, where you will find everything you need to know about the Tarra Bulga National Park with its temperate rainforest, one of only four in Victoria.
Also just a short drive away you will find the Duff Sawmill Heritage Trail. Follow the 4km long Trail which provides good examples of the remains of the large Mountain Ash stumps that were pioneered by early settlers to the region.
What Balook has to offer;
- Drop in for a coffee and a bite to eat at the vintage inspired Lyre Bird Café.
- Take a look at the Mountain Ash tree stumps as an indication of the enormity of the trees and the way of life as a logger in the early pioneering years.
- Snuggle up and soak up the old world charm at the Tarra Bulga Guest House.
- Travel the Balook Pioneer Trail and visit the historic sites.
- Visit the Information Centre for detailed information on Tarra Bulga National Park.